We search our network of Solar Specialist’s over the UK to find you the best deal, that’s Why were called Solar Nation, The UK’s Best Solar Comparison.
020 3137 7283
Information on Solar Systems
Information on Energy Saving
- Lights: Could you get into the habit of turning lights off when you leave a room? A family could save between £50 and £90 a year just by remembering to turn things off, if they don't already do this. (Source: Energy Savings Trust, October 2013).
- Showers: How about replacing a soak in the bath with a shower once a week? You’ll be surprised how much energy you could save this way.
- Washing machines: Check out your washing machine’s settings, see if there’s a ‘half load’ option for small amounts of clothes. With modern washing powders, you can usually choose a lower temperature on your washing machine too.
- Water temperature: Check the thermostat on your boiler, see what the temperature settings are for hot water and think about turning it down just a couple of degrees. That will make a difference to the amount of energy you’re using.
- Heating: Turn down your general thermostat settings too: 21°c should be plenty. You may be used to having your house much warmer than this, so if your thermostat’s set at 24 or 25°c, turn it down one degree at a time over a couple of weeks. And just remember: every degree that you turn it down could save you around £65 a year on your heating bill! (Source: Energy Saving Trust, October 2013).
- Radiators: Switch off radiators in the rooms you’re not using regularly and keep internal doors shut. Otherwise, draughts and poorly insulated windows will mean you’re burning energy un-necessarily.
About Solar Systems
WHY SOLAR: BASICS OF SOLAR
PV is an acronym that stands for photovoltaic. The term photovoltaic represents the union of two words: photo meaning light and voltaic meaning electricity. Photovoltaic systems convert light energy, photons, into elecricity through the photoelectric effect. A complete solar electric system is made up of several building blocks. At the smallest level there are solar cells.